Embryo transfer is the final step in any IVF treatment and may be one of the most crucial. For this reason, expertise and precision are critical for the success and optimal outcome of the treatment, leading to achieve better pregnancy and birth rates, while also maximizing women’s comfort.
In the past, embryo transfer effectiveness was determined by the number and quality of the embryos you could obtain, more than the accuracy and control on each procedure of the transfer itself. Nonetheless, factors as technology, materials or methodology employed have acquired more attention and importance with time, which is why today it is paramount for every center to use specific work protocols to avoid variability and to allow an adequate procedure for each case.
Achieving the maximum comfort for the patient
The experience and skill of the gynecologist are determining factors when it comes to performing this procedure, as the uterine or cervical anatomy of the patient is the most critical point when deciding on one type or another of catheter.
When navigating through the cervix, we need materials that are both stiff and flexible to avoid harm or complications to the patient. However, the moment of embryo transfer is crucial, hence the experience, precision, and control of the gynecologist, combined with cutting-edge tools, are key factors for a process with successful outcomes.
Currently, there are two types of ET catheters: straight and precurved. The choice of catheter would depend on the gynecologist experience and preferences.
The better the catheter adapts to the patient, the more effective it is in reaching the uterus without any risk to the patient or the transfer.
And what could be better for a specific IVF procedure than choosing tools developed considering gynecologists’ experience?
Designed by gynecologists for gynecologists
Kitazato’s ET catheters have been designed following the guidance of renowned gynecologists and their extensive experience in performing this type of procedure in high-prestige clinics around the world.
But… What makes them stand out from the others?
- Soft and highly flexible material for easier and atraumatic access and navigation through the cervical canal.
- The echogenicity of both straight and precurved catherers and their approximation marks facilitate monitoring the insertion in the uterine cavity and the loading phase, offering excellent control and visibility under ultrasound to maximize embryo implantation.
- The malleable guide with memory of our straight catheters maintains their shape for an extended period of time, providing greater balance, comfort, and safety for the patient.
- Their guide with a wide opening in the handle, along with an ergonomic shape and orientation markings, allows the inner catheter to be inserted easily and ensures safe and precise during transfer.
- All materials used for its manufacture are hypoallergenic, which helps prevent the risk of allergic reactions.
- Wide range of models and sets available to suit all needs, both for straight and precurved… it’s up to you!
Kitazato’s Catheters for the best user experience
Kitazato’s objective is not only to achieve the best proven results. It is also to give the best user experience.
For this reason, our products are developed and manufactured working closely with the experience of the specialist of outstanding clinics and laboratories and following the highest quality standards.
We offer a wide range of catheters, allowing us to adapt to the specific characteristics of each patient and procedures, ensuring the highest success rates at this step of the IVF Lifecycle.